Our Mission & Ethos
“Our vision is for Date Palm Primary School to ensure our pupils grow like a Date Palm tree – with strong foundations, lofty branches and produce fresh fruit.”
Strong Foundations – Character Development
- We aim to instill the values of honesty, compassion and mutual respect into all our pupils
- We aim to inspire each pupil to become the best person they can be
- We aim to fulfill the amaanah that is upon us with regards to the children’s tarbiyyah and academic education, with the awareness that we have full accountability.
- We aim to display the best manners at all times, implementing the Quraan and Sunnah, and being a leading role model to our children.
Lofty Branches – Educational Excellence
- We aim to provide learning experiences which are challenging, motivating and have high expectations for all
- We aim to deliver a broad, balanced range of experiences in a variety of different learning contexts, both in the classroom and in the wider outdoor environment
- We aim to help all pupils to progress in their skills development and build on their prior knowledge and understanding
- We aim to provide learning opportunities which allow all pupils to develop their full capacity for different types of thinking and learning.
- We aim to support each child’s skills and talents by providing opportunities for personalisation and choice in learning.
- We aim to help our children develop the transferable skills they will need to take their place in tomorrow’s world.
- We aim to deliver a curriculum which is relevant to our children’s lives, today and in the future.
Fresh Fruit – Service to Communities
- Above all, we aim to value our children and to develop them as the successful learners, confident individuals, effective contributors and responsible citizens of Britain’s future.
- We aim to commit to charitable endeavours and to make a positive difference to our world.
D – determination: resolving to try our best, despite difficulties
A – ambition: aspiring to be our best
T – teamwork: cooperating and working together for excellence
E – equality: providing each and every individual the same rights and opportunities
P – presentation: displaying ourselves and our work in the best possible way
A – akhlaq & adaab: striving to perfect our character and mannerisms
L – leadership: leading and guiding a group of people confidently
M – mutual respect: treating others as we wish to be treated
The Muslim was likened to the Date Palm due to the abundance of it’s goodness, the continuity of it’s shade, the goodness of it’s fruit and it’s presence throughout the year. Just like the Date Palm Tree we want to cultivate children who can be fruitful wherever they are.